The AAS2019 conference will include four days of presentations and social events on the lovely campus of the Australian National University in Canberra, ACT. The publisher space will be positioned close to the tea/coffee distribution and reception area, ensuring that this will be the space where delegates congregate, linger, and they won’t be able to miss your presence. We would encourage publishers to come along and participate.
Marketing options available
Publishers can choose one or more of the following options:
- Single display table (~1.8m x 0.75m) – including abstract book and full access to panels & events for two colleagues*.
Charge: 600 AUD
- Double display table (~3.6m x 0.75m) – including abstract book and full access to panels & events for three colleagues*.
Charge: 900 AUD
- Full page portrait advert in abstract book. Please email a 300dpi, black & white TIF, A4 size (min. 210mm (H) x 148mm (W)) with 3mm bleed to admin(at)aasconf.org by October 14th with subject line “Publisher ad in conference programme”.
Charge: 300 AUD
N.B. Sending books for sale - we will have a trusted bookseller at the conference who will take care of the merchandise of those who can't attend in person. He will act as the publisher's agent at the conference - unpacking, setting up, managing their tables, packing down, and repacking for shipment, in exchange for a service fee being a percentage of gross sales. Choosing this option will give you a 10% discount on table prices.
- Staffed single display table. Charge: 540 AUD + service fee
- Staffed double display table. Charge: 810 AUD + service fee
Our bookseller may also be interested in buying outright leftover stock depending on what the stock is and the wholesale price publishers can offer.
*Additional colleagues will be billed at 300 AUD per person.
NB! “All events” does not include the conference dinner which has its own charge. If interested to book your staff into the conference dinner, please email admin(at)aasconf.org.
- We do NOT offer unstaffed displays – experience shows that you do not get to really market your company, but simply lose your stock.
- We do NOT offer insertion of ads/catalogues in delegate packs — experience shows that the clutter in a delegate bag is quickly junked, and rarely into a recycling bin. Ads which are printed in our conference book will not be thrown away, and so will have a longer shelf-life; while this will also have environmental benefits.
If booking a display table(s), please email the following information:
- name of company
- number of tables and/or adverts you wish to book
- names and email addresses of any staff wishing to attend (for badge/access purposes)
- whether you require electricity at your stand
- any information you need to appear on the invoice
Terms of payment will be 30 days from receipt of the invoice, and payment methods will be card payment online or bank transfer.
Email admin(at)aasconf.org to book your presence by the 21st of October.
Delivery deadline & address
If sending books, etc, please mark all parcels with delivery labels as follows:
To: AAS2019 CONFERENCE – publisher name
School of Archaeology and Anthropology
44 Linnaeus Way, Banks Building
Acton, ACT 2601, Australia
It is advisable to aim getting the parcels to the venue by November 18th.
Exhibitors can pack up from lunchtime Thursday, December 5th onwards. To ensure you get your books back please label all your boxes, with your publisher name in the top left-hand corner, and make sure that whoever makes the courier booking ensures that publisher name is used as a reference in the order. Collections should be booked for 5th or 6th December.
Collections address as above.